Saturday, April 7, 2012

Project Nursery/Office/Guest Room Switch-a-roo

After several minor set-backs over the last couple, we are finally tackling the room and nursery project.  All I can say is luckily we aren't really utilizing our formal dining area AND we can close it off because right now it is storing baby furniture and gifts, all of my marketing materials for work and other odds&ends that are being transferred from room-to-room.  Again, we are converting the office into AG's nursery and turning the guest bedroom into the office.  We really thought long-term planning through when we moved in, clearly...ha! 

Many of you have asked about nursery colors and I know we have been pretty vague.  There were several ideas that I liked but overall, we have been pretty set on neutral colors and having a classic and simple theme.  I didn't want to do animals and anything too crazy, color-wise. 

Mom and I went fabric shopping in Chattanooga yesterday while Josh got the nursery cleaned up.  This was the fabric that had the biggest impression on me and they are checking to see if they can get enough to do two sets of curtains and a pillow for the chair.  Josh went to Lowe's this morning to compare paint samples since our wall color now has too much of a yellow undertone in the beige.

Our current wall color is on the left, Josh's match is on the right.

Also, here is the Dutailier Reclining Glider and Ottoman I found at a catalog return outlet - it was exactly what I wanted and we found a fabulous deal!


I am spending today painting a bookshelf and end table that will match the dresser/changing table.  That will make all the nursery furniture antique white and the crib (and wood on the glider/ottoman) espresso. As far as decor, here are just a couple of ideas for inspiration (see Pinterest for the whole nine yards):


Monogram and Antique window (something I've had and onto for years!)


Simple, elegant decor on the wall


Ordered this in her colors!
And I'd like to dedicate it to Hunter, for his childhood love for The Wizard of Oz

I am also planning to buy a small chandelier to take the place of the current light fixture in the room.

I am very excited that all the plans are falling into place.  We are on track to accomplish theme of the clean, classic simplicity of a sweet nursery we were going for from Day 1, though I am as shocked as you are that the one "color" we have to offset the neutral color scheme is light pink.  It will be gorgeous, though!  ...if they can get the fabric :)

Have a blessed weekend!  And Happy Easter
...He is risen, indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment