Josh and I have had a blast the last two weekends getting the baby's registry together! We went to scope out our options at Super Target in Smyrna and Babies 'R Us in Murfreesboro last Sunday. I have devoted a few hours this week compiling a list of our registry items based on online ratings, magazine ratings, suggestions from new moms and a great book Megan let me borrow, "Baby Bargains" from 2011. The last 7 days have been very eye-opening on what we thought we want/need versus what is safe and functional.
I had an appointment for a haircut this morning in Nashville and Josh joined me for a the trip. We walked around Bass Pro for awhile, enjoyed a yummy lunch at Toot's in Smyrna, then went back to Super Target to begin the registration process. 2 or so hours later, we emerged from the store. We got so much accomplished! It is definitely making everything feel more real. One of our personal "top" registry items, the BOB jogging stroller, is even on sale ($100 off!) online. Too bad it's not quite baby shower time!
I also have began my online registry at Babies 'R Us - we have duplication on both registries since some people prefer one store over another and we can adjust the registry quickly due to online access. Some of our biggest items on the registries are "online only," due to our findings in our product research and what each store offers. I have also included notes at both sites that gift cards are welcome and not to forget gift receipts (especially from Target...the biggest pain to return/exchange). Technology sure has changed things!
Next job: PROJECT NURSERY!
Have a great week,
The Smith Fam
No comments:
Post a Comment