Friday, May 18, 2012

... And AG is full term! The waiting begins!

Here we are at 37 weeks, 3 days!
Memphis was awesome!  We got there Friday night in time for dinner with Mom & Terry, and of course, the graduate himself.  Hunter's graduation on Saturday wasn't until later in the day, so we slept in and then all ate lunch at The BBQ Shop (BBQ spaghetti=AMAZING).  His graduation was a proud moment for the family and a fabulous Mother's Day gift for Mom - what an accomplishment!
(Cell phone pic - better quality pic to come)

My 1st Mother's Day was Sunday, according to my sweet husband.  His comment: "You have carried Avery for the last 9 months.  It is absolutely your 1st Mother's Day."

He's amazing.  This was completely unexpected. Yes, I cried.


We had another good report at the doctor yesterday...the progress continues!  I am dilated 1 cm and 50% effaced.  Of course, when the inevitable "How much longer?!" came out of J's mouth, there is no clear-cut way of knowing.  Sure, there are other pre-labor signs, some of which I have also experienced, but only time will really tell.  I watched one of the baby reality shows this week and a girl went into labor a day after finding out she was also dilated 1 cm and was 70% effaced (a little further than me, but not too much).  On the other hand, I have friends that walked around dilated to a 3 and had effaced some for weeks and still were induced on or after their due date. I'm just comfortable knowing God has her plan and I'm just staying comfortable, getting plenty of rest and rely on the fact she'll come when it's time.

I have wall decor coming for the nursery:

Clearly, it will have "avery" rather than "sarah," and I have given her my nursery colors.  I looked at it and thought "Hey, I could do that myself!"  but then reality kicked me and said "Yes, in all of your spare time." HA!

Not too much longer!  17 days. My doc said she'd be surprised if I went past my due date, but if I do, it'll be close.  I asked if she'd induce past the June 5th and she said things would have to be perfect in order for that to happen (and even so, it would be a week at most).  My BP has continued to creep up but it's only been high for me, not according to guidelines.  There are no other signs of preeclampsia or any other gestational issue (no true hypertension).  Just something they've been keeping an eye on for 3 weeks or so.

I hope everyone has a great week!  I can't help but wonder...will this one be her birthday?  :)
-J, K & A



No comments:

Post a Comment