Monday, May 7, 2012

Welcome, Month #9!!

36 weeks tomorrow - WOW.

Everything has still been going well!  My 35 week appointment was last Wednesday and although I haven't dilated at all, she said my cervix definitely thinning and softening (effacing) and that she thinks I'm about 30%!  I'm happy with any kind of progress - hopefully we'll keep it up!  The only SLIGHT concern from both my physician at the 34 week appointment and the other MD I saw this past week (I've seen all the doctors in the practice during my pregnancy) was an elevated blood pressure, and it was only considered high for me compared to other appointments.  I haven't been having headaches, eyesight issues, severe swelling, protein in my urine or reflex issues, so they aren't overly concerned about preeclampsia.  Hopefully, though, it will be lower on Thursday at my appointment.

We have continued to prepare for AG's arrival over the last several weeks.  Her curtains, pillow and dust ruffle are still with the seamstress and I don't have a lot of wall decor, but we love her nursery thus far.  I have been washing her teeny tiny wardrobe (cutest.things.ever) and Josh put all of her big stuff together.  He also converted the guest bedroom into our new office and it looks awesome.

I'm now just tying up loose ends at work (and finishing up her to-do list as well).  I meet with my manager on Thursday to go over plans while I'm on leave.  I'm really trying to get all of our ducks in the row in the next week, as that's 37 weeks aka FULL TERM (they wouldn't stop labor).  We are also packing for the hospital!  I cannot believe how close we are to being parents!

On another note, we've decided to keep the hospital trip (as in Avery Grace's big arrival) to only immediate family (us, our parents, siblings and grandparents).  We decided to keep things as intimate as possible, giving our close family a few days of solo bonding with Avery.  Plus, we have so many family, friends and family friends, it would just be too wild for a couple of days at the hospital.  So, we're asking for everyone to come visit us once we're home and we can enjoy visiting a little more (unless you or your kids/fam are sick, ha!).

I'll update everyone on the doctor's visit later this week :-)

Here are a couple of pics from the last week:
Another pic from our session with Cortney Smith Photography


Josh and Layla relaxing at DeDe's pool

The pool is the perfect place for the preggo and the lab :)

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

-J, K & A

No comments:

Post a Comment