Josh and I are leaving this afternoon to celebrate Hunter's graduation from law school in Memphis! We are so proud of all of his hard work and are keeping our fingers crossed that everything pans out in the next several months - preparing and taking the bar and of course, to find that great job! He deserves it.
I went to my 36 week appointment yesterday - more progress! I've almost dilated a cm and she is still head down! She's also began to drop, which I can tell through how my belly looks (even Josh and my Mom mentioned it) but also because I'm feeling lighter up top, but more pressure below in my lower back and pelvis. Don't worry- I did get permission from my OB to travel to Memphis this weekend, especially after I told her we were only staying a night. Still, we have hospital bags packed and her car seat in place, just in case.
Speaking of "nesting," we are in full force. I have washed all of her newborn to 3-month clothes, her socks, swaddle me's, gowns, towels, wash cloths and receiving blankets and put them away. We have her nursery ready to go with everything orgranized that we will need when she first arrives: diapers, wipes, accessories (which this child definitely has), shoes, nursing gear, etc. Plus, like I said, we are packed and ready to go for the hospital.
I had 2 reality checks yesterday: the first after I saw that my sorority sister had her baby on Tuesday night...and she was due only 2 days before me; the second when my doctor said, "We won't stop labor is she decides it's time." YAYYYYY!
I know I've said this 100 times, but we cannot wait to meet her! I will definitely miss being pregnant (no, seriously, I will) but we can't wait to have her here.
Have a great weekend - J, K & Baby A
No comments:
Post a Comment